Fiery Afterburn® Hedgehog Bread
TIME: 50 Minutes
1 Round Crusty or Sourdough loaf, preferably a day old so it’s easier to cut.
125g Salted Butter, softened
3 Cloves of Garlic, peeled and crushed
Few Sprigs of Parsley, finely chopped
Freshly Ground Black Pepper
2 Spring Onions, trimmed and finely chopped
75g Windyridge Afterburn® Cheddar, coarsely grated
- Preheat the oven to 180C/Gas 4.
- Using a sharp, serrated knife, carefully cut a large crisscross pattern into the loaf of bread. Place the loaf onto a square of baking parchment.
- Mix together the butter, garlic and parsley in a bowl. Season with black pepper. Spread this butter evenly into the cuts in the bread.
- Sprinkle over the spring onions and finally top with the grated cheese.
- Wrap the whole loaf in foil and place onto a baking tray. Bake in the oven for 30-35 minutes until the cheese is golden brown and melted.
- Serve straight away. Delicious with soup or just on its own.